Summertime Residential Design Do’s and Don’ts
Summer in Northern Virginia can be beautiful if you let it! Elegance décor knows how to fully embrace the seasons and adjust your residential design accordingly! With that said, there are many more ways to take advantage of the friendly summer style residential design. Here are just a couple helpful hints:
- Accents are not only beautiful to hear but also beautiful to see. Just like the ocean splashing on you- you want to splash an accent color or pattern to grab some attention. Let it enhance the energy of the room. Elegance décor, a Northern Virginia residential design company, has shown expertise in simply adding stylish furniture in any room.
- Change-up your residential design! It’s time for your eyes to adjust. Summer 2017 has plenty of new trendy interior colors for you to play with! This includes: cobalt blue, exotic orange, soft gray, candy apple red, crisp white, seaworthy coral, and refreshing lime. It’s also a common theme this year to have nature-inspired neutrals, giving your home a soothing breath of fresh-air type of atmosphere.
- If you’re timid to explore new colors in your home, here’s your excuse to buy a new painting. Look for wall décor for your residential design that’s colorful and outgoing; but do make sure it goes along with your original color scheme.
- Vital to keeping the up with the beauty of the outdoors, don’t hide the beauty. Open up those dreary curtains! Find a rope or knot and tie them back. This not only makes your home feel open and spacious, it also allows the colors from outside to come pouring in. A simple but overwhelming change when transitioning into summertime.
- If you are going to the let the sunshine in, don’t let it shine on black only furniture or interior. Nothing is worse than coming inside to air conditioning on a 90-degree day and sitting down on a blazing hot black chair that’s been roasting in the window all day. Consider purchasing new cushions or chairs different from before! Maybe even adding a colorful throw blanket on top would do the trick.
Summer is here; the waterfall is turned on, the hot tub is bubbling, the umbrellas are let loose. Living in the Northern Virginia climate it’s fair to admit we tend to enclose ourselves in our dark themed cave-like interiors. We neglect to realize the one thing missing in our home décor, and that’s sunlight.